Bath/Shower Valve question, need help

Users who are viewing this thread

berwynpap

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to plumbing. I do not know what to do in this situation.

I am remodeling a bathroom, and I am attempting to replace the bath/shower trim before I finish the cement/tile to make sure it will actually fit/work.

Anyway, I had a Delta system, so I bought new Delta trim. Old system was pre-2006. It seems like a nice fit, except the valve brace stem piece (forgive me for that terminology) on the old system is longer than the stem on the new system, in other words, I might have to replace the cartridges, when I thought I might get away with keeping everything in tact and just swapping the trim.

Does this mean I have to also replace the entire valve system (the new Delta kit came with a 4-way Valve, cartridge, and all the trim)? Is there another way to accomplish this without replacing the entire system?

I've attached pictures, the shame of it is, how close it is to fitting. The 2 pieces of cement board are so I can estimate how far the system sticks out from the wall once backerboard/tile are installed.
Thanks so much,

Jay
http://imgur.com/a/sgTwy

bA5MmwU.jpg

Smxgf3a.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Yon need part # RP25969 spacer that fits inside the chrome tube and keeps it from sliding on all the way, Call 1-800-345DELT and they will send it to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks