bath room wall fiber glass cleaner

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by arianman, Apr 14, 2005.

1. arianman

arianman New Member

I am planning to replace the single handle tub faucet hole round cover plate
    with another plate of different shape and size.
    When I removed the old plate, the fibre glass finish behind the old plate does not match the rest because of years of being inexposed.

Is there any cleaning, polishing solution that can make it appear same at the rest of the fireglass?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

??????

Most fibreglass tubs have a gel coat finish. I do not know any easy way to polish this without involving some refinishing.

As a practical matter, the life expectancy of a onepiece unit does not exceed the life of the faucet. Remodel is the real answer ( ie replace the tub/shower). But we know this is a lot of work; consider calling a fibreglass spe******t to take care of this for you.

If any plumbers have easier "magic bullet" solutions I am all ears, because this is a common problem.

The word I am trying to put in the sentence is S P E C I A L I S T. I don't understand why the system is bleeping that word.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Look at the letters inbetween the the ones that stayed.
    It spells one of the words that I was spending 45 minutes a day deleting.
    Nothing to to with plumbing. Well, maybe human plumbing.

[​IMG]

For polishing, you can try Gel-Gloss.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I'm getting slow in my old age! I had to ask my wife to explain that to me!
  5. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

lol...the letters between the ones that stayed....roflol. Took me a minute to get it too, Jimbo. Maybe we should just spell it as it sounds...speshalust?

Terry, I use Gel Gloss too and find it to be just about the best thing out there for polishing things up.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2005