Bath plumbing question

Users who are viewing this thread

Smz

Reaction score
IMG_0241.JPG

Finishing up plumbing in slab on grade bathroom. Trying to figure out if it is ok to drain vanity into 3" pipe which is ran at a 45 down to horizontal combo end. Seems as though drawings always bring in drain after toilet entry. Was hoping to get by wet venting this way, but I could also separate vent toilet and tie together in ceiling. Sorry if drawings are not up to par and thanks for any help.

IMG_0241.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav with it's 2" vent also wet vents the toilet.
The shower, with it's vent looks okay too.
The end of the line cleanout is good too.

Smz

Reaction score
The lav with it's 2" vent also wet vents the toilet.
The shower, with it's vent looks okay too.
The end of the line cleanout is good too.
Thanks very much for reply. Is there something I am missing though when it comes to most diagrams I have seen, the vanity in my case would be brought in after the toilet combo (which in that case would only need to be a long elbow )?
I have read some material where you can have a vent to close to the toilet and it will mess with the "scouring" ability of the toilet flush.
I thought that having the vanity "wash" the toilet line would be a good thing. I have yet to see a diagram done that way.
The difference for me is that I am slab on grade so I have no vertical waste stack, everything flows in from the "sides" to a 20 foot horizontal line and then out to the septic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks