Basic PEX manifold question ...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jpb116, Feb 15, 2008.

1. jpb116

jpb116 New Member

So, Help me understand the differance between a Pex Manifold thats open on both ends and the closed ended types. I'm not certain I understand the supply and return components of the pex manifold. Can anyone shed some light?
  2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

The ones with the open ends is for running your house main through the top and out the bottom to the water heater, or another manifold. You can also add more sections to the bottom if needed. That is if the brand you are using lets you do that.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pex

Open ones are expandable and the last one is either a closed version or the opening is capped.