Basement Watchdog Brand

Users who are viewing this thread

GreekGuy7

Reaction score
I was wondering what your opinion is on Basement Watchdog Brand pumps. For some time, they been making backup sump pump systems, but now they are making primary pumps as well as a combination primary/backup system.

The last two installs, I dropped in a Zoeller M53 as a primary pump... not quite sure I would trust Basement Watchdog as a primary quite yet or even as a combo. What do you guys think?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I was wondering what your opinion is on Basement Watchdog Brand pumps. For some time, they been making backup sump pump systems, but now they are making primary pumps as well as a combination primary/backup system.

The last two installs, I dropped in a Zoeller M53 as a primary pump... not quite sure I would trust Basement Watchdog as a primary quite yet or even as a combo. What do you guys think?

I have installed the PHCC Pro series primary pumps sold by Glentronics. I have had a couple fail with in a year. I am not real happy with their primary pumps. I will stick to Hydromatic and Zoeller for my primary pump needs. But as for batter back up, I really like their units, never had one fail on their own (had two due to customer neglect).

The battery backup ones that did fail where due to one home owner that like to tinker and he "readjusted the switch" where it turned on a bit to late. The other home owner got an alarm that their was a problem with his 6 year old battery so he just unplugged everything.

The only unit I sell now is the PHCC 2400, it comes with everything a home owner needs, and they are super reliable. Now as an alternative to the Glentronics back up system, I will never install an AuqaNot. I will install the SumpPro with a pair of Zoellers or Hydromatics on an alternator.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I guess I'll give you the same answer I did on the other forum...

I'll stick with the Zoeller M-53 as the primary pump thanks...
For a back up consider the Zoeller Aquanot II system. Most battery backups operate at a reduced pumping rate as most are little more than a 12 volt bilge pump for a boat. You know life is tough when a pump has to list a rating in gallons per hour to yield an impressive number...

The Zoeller Aquanot II is not your usual battery backup pump. It pumps 36 GPM @ 10' of head which is pretty typical for the average basement installation. This is right in line with the 34 GPM @ 10' rating of the Zoeller M-53...

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Redwood if you do the math 34 GPM is 2040 GPH The PHCC Pro 2400 pumps 2400 GPH or 40 GPM at a 10 foot head.

I just came from a job where the guy had an Aqua Not II in his basement and the primary pump died. After 3 hours of the Aqua Not barely keeping up with the inflow of water it burned out. The home owner said he touched the top of the Aqua Not motor and burned his hand. I installed the PHCC Pro 2400 and it moved the water out a bit faster than the Aqua Not. Every Aqua Not I came across the home owner was not very happy with the unit. As I said I never gotten any complaints on the PHCC-2400 unit. But if some one wants to spend the $$$ Then I sell them the Sump Pro Battery back up with a pair of AC pumps on an alternator.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
SewerRatz,
Are you talking about this system?

BasementSentrys.jpg

And yes I'm aware of the math...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Just checking you out as I have not seen those problems.:D

The basement sentry is what I pictured.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks