Basement vent opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

gzaryz

Reaction score
I'm roughing in a basement bath and bar area that will share a 2" vertical drain out to the street. I'm wondering what is a proper venting strategy using Studor vents.

In the pic attached is idea 1, which uses a single vent that i will hide in a wall in an accessible box.
Basically the bar sink is going to be a considerable distance (around 8-10 feet) so I assume I'll need a vent close to the trap.

Is this ok or can I just put a Studor on each drain under the sinks and call it a day?

Thanks!

Attachments

• drain1.png
    drain1.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 206

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What you have drawn works. Make sure the Studor Vent has air to it and can be changed. They make a nice box with grill for those for mounting in a wall. It makes a nice access for them.

gzaryz

Reaction score
What you have drawn works. Make sure the Studor Vent has air to it and can be changed. They make a nice box with grill for those for mounting in a wall. It makes a nice access for them.

Thank you sir! As a follow up to verify, the horizontal portion of the "green" vent in my pic needs to be at least 6" above flood level of the sink it's serving, correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks