Basement Toilet Flange with DriCore

Users who are viewing this thread

JackDog

Reaction score
I am finishing my basement and the plumber that I hired decided to install the flange before I had the dricore down. Against my advice, but I didn't know for sure how to do it correctly. Dricore is just an OSB cover basement concrete with plastic feet on the bottom to keep moisture away.

Anyways, The flange is installed however it it does not rest on the concrete. There is a gap (1/2") of air between the bottom of it and the concrete. The top of the flange, is mostly flush with the top of the dricore. I was unable to get the dricore to go underneath because there is not enough space.

Does this need to be replaced? Does the dricore need to fit underneath it so the toilet can be screwed to the dricore? Can we just use loger screws and screw into the concrete? We will be putting laminate on the dricore so that will raise the floor a little more.

BasementToilet.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A toilet flange is supposed to set firmly on top of the finished floor. It is then screwed through the finished floor and into the sub floor. In your case, that is concrete. I can not understand why a licensed plumber would attach the flange to the drain before the floor was laid. Well, I can understand I guess, the guy was lazy and in a rush to get to another job. I would suggest you contact him are have him come back and remove the flange until the floor is down, then put it back and anchor it. Anything but a proper installation of the flange risks failure of the wax ring.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Your flange will be quite low. This can be compensated for with flange extensions, or the long-reach waxless rings. But the best approach is to fix the flange now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks