Basement Slop sink - Vertical Tap Q

Users who are viewing this thread

gzaryz

Reaction score
Now that I'm half way into a basement finish, I was thinking how nice it would be to have a slop sink down there during construction (hind sight is 20/20, i know). I have a vertical stack that comes down a basement wall where I would like to add a sink.
It serves the washing machine and sink from the first floor as well as the kitchen sink/dishwasher.

The kitchen sink is vented via a Studor, and I believe the washing machine is vented to the roof.

Would the circled section in the attached picture work? Note that I would be putting a backwater valve inline between the sink and the wye where it's tapped into the 3" vertical. The idea is to not break any concrete if possible.... that would require a lot of completed framing removal. :)

Thanks so much! This forum is great.

Edit:
So my drawing from memory was a bit off. After getting home and looking, the vertical is a 2 inch and it empties into a 2x3x3 wye. I've added an actual pic. I would greatly appreciate advice on *if* a non concrete removal installation is possible... Thanks again!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150313_135515863.jpg
    IMG_20150313_135515863.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20150313_195637765.jpg
    IMG_20150313_195637765.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks