Basement Shower Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Rodp

Reaction score
I'm a DIYer, love taking on small projects and have learned a lot on this forum. I'm in Canada and have a questing about the basement shower drain and changing direction. I used a glue type p trap a 90 and a 45 to achieve the correct distances from the wall for the drain. My question is it correct (per code) to do what I have done. I'd rather do it right the first time. I posted a picture to provide more context. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 237

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Hard to tell, but is that running into a main horizontal line? If so, you are missing a vent, unless it is wet vented.

Rodp

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It is 1 1/2 which is what was roughed in for the shower by the plumber back in 2013 in a new build here in St. John's. I will break up some more concrete and use to 45s since that is what you recommend as a better solution. Yes, the 1 1/2 is tied into a wet vent from the kitchen sink above. It is tied into the horizontal about 3-4 feet away.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is probably NO "wet vent line from the sink above", because it is probably the sink's drain line. you used the wrong 90 elbow. You cannot make a 135 degree turn with two 45s, and a shower should be 2".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks