Basement Shower Install

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dennis51, Apr 12, 2011.

1. dennis51

dennis51 New Member

Hello,

I am putting in a bathroom in my basement. On the cold wall I put 2 inch pink styrofoam insulation from corning and I then framed a wall over that. the shower is going in the corner where one wall will be next to the pink stuff and the other wall will be against a dry/warm wall. Is the pink stuff good for a vapor barrier against the cold wall, and do I need to put a vapor barrier where the warm wall is? I am going to use Durock Cement Board for the walls.

I appreciate any suggestions

Dennis
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

The "pink stuff" is extruded foam, and acts as a vapor retarder. Because of it's fire and smoke spread characteristics, it must be covered with a 15 minute thermal barrier when used indoors. Drywall is the only approved barrier I am aware of, though there might be others.
  3. Shower Pod

Shower must be fitted to the cold side of the tap and you must use a small and handy shower which can be easily fitted and don't create any problem to get fitted and it will fit in small space also.