Basement Rough In

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by P0ZBURN, Sep 22, 2005.

1. P0ZBURN

P0ZBURN New Member

I have inserted a drawing of a rough in in my basement under the concrete. My question is : Is this sufficent venting of the new rough in?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I would roll a vent for the toilet above the flow line of the pipe.

It would be a 3x2 wye with a 45 pointed toward the wall.
    The tub vent and the toilet vent could be combined 6" above the top of the highest fixture.

If the toilet is farther than 5 feet to the cleanout, the 3x2 wye becomes a 3x3 wye and the vent toward the wall should have a cleanout there.
  3. sulconst2

sulconst2 New Member

im under the impression any dwv under concrete has to be 2" min.
  4. Terry

It depends on your local. UPC allows pipe under the slab to be 1.5"
    He should check to see what his local code is.

You can't go wrong with 2".
  5. P0ZBURN

P0ZBURN New Member

"It would be a 3x2 wye with a 45 pointed toward the wall"

would that be behind the toilet or somewhere in between?
    thanks
  6. Terry

You could run that behind the toilet, near the tub vent.
  7. P0ZBURN

P0ZBURN New Member

I'm having a hard time imagining what you mean since we can't talk in person so I have attached a modified drawing to the picture as to what I think you mean.

Attached Files:

8. P0ZBURN

P0ZBURN New Member

or would this work?

Attached Files:

9. plumguy

plumguy New Member

This drawing is fine as long as all you're underground is 2" not 1 1/2. On you're 3x2 wye install a street 45 and roll the wye so the bottom of the 45 is at the centerline of the 3". Then right after the 2" 45 install a 2" wye and again install a st. 45 in the branch and roll the wye above the centerline. This line will go in the wall and a 2x1 1/2 ty can be left for the lav as long as the the trap weir(90) is within 5' and the 2" vent must stay full size.This set up is a basic wet vent and no other vents are needed all 3 fixtures are properly vented as long as the wyes are installed(rolled) correctly. As far as the tub drain keep it 2" until you are in close proximity of the trap then reduce to 1 1/2 so you're trap can be 1 1/2.
  10. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

Let's simplify it even more. First run the 3" drain to the lavatory/sink location. Put it low enough, about 19" below the concrete so you can install a long radius elbow for the turn up. Then place a 3x3x3x2" left hand side inlet tee pointed towards the toilet's location. Use a 2" street 45, 90, or whatever is necessary, to run from the 2" side inlet to the tub. Put a 3x2 bushing in the top of the tee, (if your area does not require a cleanout at the toilet), and then run up to the sink tee. You will eliminate a lot of fittings and frustration.
  11. plumguy

plumguy New Member

That is definately the easiest way by means of an estabrook fitting to stack vent the bath,however I can't recall ever having that much room underground to utilizing one. But it is an option that should always be left open and toilets here are considered legal cleanouts.