Basement Rough In

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by cruiser, Aug 8, 2007.

1. cruiser

cruiser Member

Thanks to all those who've helped me over the last while with my questions. I went with ABS pipe for my basement bath rough in and now need some help as regards venting same. I've taken a photo of the drain layout to let you guys see whats what.

I'm glad to announce that I now have no leaks where I joined the ABS to the CI:) My Questions

1) There was an old 2" drain from the old sink into the 4" CI (where the ?#1 is),can I just plug this or does this new 4" section need to be vented, and if so is this 2" sufficient?

2) I can vent the bath/tub pretty easily into the main vent but the sink is on the opposite side of the room. I'm assuming I need to vent the sink also, but other than running a vent across the ceiling to the main vent stack do I have any other options? Read about AAV?

3) I've used a 2" wye to join the sink and tub lines but should i be using use a san t ?

Thanks for taking the time to look

Attached Files:

• bath.jpg
      bath.jpg
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  2. Wye when horizontal, so it's good. Never San T in the horizontal plane; only San T when a drain goes from horizontal into a vented stack (vertical).

Vent where the old #1 connection is. I can't see that connection in the picture, btw. Vent the sink, as you described, going across the ceiling and down. This makes a vented stack for the sink so its drain needs a San T to connect to this vertical pipe.

david
  3. cruiser

cruiser Member

David,

Thanks for your answer,now I got something to keep me out of trouble for the weekend:))