Basement rough in - does this look OK?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by export!, Jul 18, 2011.

1. export!

export! DIY Member

I'm hoping to keep this simple and I think the drawing has all the info. The 2" shower vent will continue out the roof and the 1-1/2" vents from the lav and laundry will tie together 5' up, and pick up the 2" above the ceiling. I couldn't find a long turn 90 for the closet bend fitting in the drawing but I will either use one or use two 45s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

It would fly under the IPC but many localaties still require a vent for the toilet line
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I would forget the "long turn 90, or two 45s" and use a hub 4x3 closet bend. It is the ONLY way I install my toilet riser pipes.
  4. export!

export! DIY Member

Interesting

Thanks very much for the input. I guess I'll have to run it by the inspector. I'm located in Ontario and I'm not sure what our code is. I guess it's close enough to not get laughed or yelled at!

That 4x3 fitting is cool - I've never seen one of those before. I can see how well they would work but is that the only time in DWV plumbing you're allowed to in effect reduce the pipe size ??

If I need to vent the closet, I would change the shower vent to 1-1/2 and vent the closet with 2" correct? At that point could I connect the other vents from the group and run to the roof with 2" ?
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

6. Jerome2877

Jerome2877 In the Trades

You are fine under the Canadian national code, the toilet is wet vented and is 2".
  7. export!

export! DIY Member

Jerome - thank you very much - the inspector agrees! Good to go. He mentioned something about 5' being good. I imagine it's that the shower drain/wet vent connects to the 3" horizontal run within 5' of the toilet flange.

Edit - from planning to completion!

Attached Files:

• 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011