Basement nightmare

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by MIKE007, Aug 24, 2013.

1. MIKE007

MIKE007 New Member

Hello,

This is a basement full bathroom. What I want to do is just moving my laundry to another wall but after drywall and floor removal, a beauty was revealed. I am talking about drains only.
    For the last 1-2 years toilet was gurgling if the sink was used for more than few minutes. bath tube was installed on a pedestal and the drain was above floor. The pipe on the left side was from tube drain.

What i want to do is lover the bathtub and move the drain below floor. For sure there are many other issues here. First, all the plumbing is 1 1/2. Do you think is the right diameter or not? The kitchen is above this bathroom.
    Here you have few pictures.

Please let help me fix this mess!

Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      57.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      50 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      64 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      69.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      75.3 KB
      Views:
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I would love to help you correct that mess, but I live too far away so you could not afford me.
  3. MIKE007

MIKE007 New Member

Can you give me some suggestion where to start? What to replace?