Basement floor

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by idoc4u, Nov 19, 2009.

1. idoc4u

idoc4u New Member

Does anyone have a recommendation regarding the type and number of bag mix of concrete best used to fill and finish a basement floor after having cut the original concrete floor to relocate DWV PVC?

Thank you.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

concrete

Bags of "pre mixed" concrete. Use a many as necessary for the hole size.
  3. idoc4u

idoc4u New Member

Thanks hj!

hj,

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was overthinking, I guess.........idoc
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

It's best if you drill some holes and insert some rebar to anchor the new and old concrete together. A couple of stubs on each side of the hole and maybe more, depending on the size of the hole is a good idea to tie the old to the new.
  5. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

Measure the volume of concrete you'll need and buy the # of bags needs to fill that much volume.

L*W*H
  6. idoc4u

idoc4u New Member

thanks again

Thanks again, guys....idoc