Basement electrical wires

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I am finishing my basement. I know usual we drill holes for wire/romax to go through the joists. I am reorganizing the wires to make them travelling along one side of the rooms. I don't want to drill so many holes or few big holes. I am planning to build a soffit along that side for those wires. Then I just attach the wires to the bottom of the joists inside the soffit. Is it ok? like showing on the attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_9339.jpg
    IMG_9339.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7,505

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use "cable stackers" to neatly support those cables and maintain space between them. They are sold at every decent hardware store and
home improvement center. Cable like that shown in your photo needs to be supported at least every 4 1/2 feet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks