Basement Ejector Pit Venting Main Stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Awahl

Reaction score
Hello,
I really don't know much about plumbing and codes but I have a concern. When we bought our current house 6 years ago the home inspection revealed the dedicated basement bathroom ejector pit was not vented (pipe was just capped). We bought the house knowing we would have to fix it. Five years ago we had a licensed contractor and plumber come in and correct the problem. They said the easiest way to do this was tie the basement shower in with the already connected sink and toilet and run the venting pipe over to the main stack in the utility room. So, we went ahead and did that. Now we are selling the house. Lo and behold the home inspection still triggers and alarm that the ejector pit is still not properly vented because the inspector sees the capped pipe. Did we totally screw this up and the solution we had was incorrect or is the home inspector wrong? Please let me know. I am calling the plumber back (and probably another to verify) but I just wanted a quick opinion from someone who knows.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Some locales will allow the vents to be tied together an appropriate distance above the flood rim of the highest fixture and then going up through the roof, but each fixture AND the basin need to be individually vented up to that point.

If the vent which they installed to the main stack is connected below any other fixture drain on the stack, that is also a violation.

Awahl

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the fixtures were connected together now as all the pipes are hidden. I can only assumed they did it correctly.

What I see on the main stack is the venting pipe from the pit connecting to a pipe coming out the foundation. Above that, the venting pipe from the basement bathroom ties in.

Still, it's the setup of having the basement bathroom fixtures eject out of one pit and vent out another that I'm not sure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks