Basement Bathroom with Ejector Pump - Rough in questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Velvet Hammer

Reaction score
Ballvalve, all the concrete is out for the ejector and new fixtures... My question revolves around the discharge line for the ejector... I could tie it into 3" copper or run a new line all the way to the main.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Without knowing how the venting is in the rest of the house, I would cut into the main horizontal line, downstream of any other connections.

Velvet Hammer

Reaction score
Will do, Cacher.

The new 2" will run parallel to the 3" at first. Can I tie into the 3" with a wye from right next to it, or does the tie in of the 2" into the 3" have to be a vertical drop? (As in, put a 3x3x2 wye on it's back and loop the 2" up and over - doing so will require me to run it through a few joists, so I'd like to avoid, if possible.)

Also, any insight into supply lines? can I tap into a half inch copper line that's feeding an upstairs lav for my new lav and shower?? Or is that too much draw on the half inch copper?

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Will do, Cacher.

The new 2" will run parallel to the 3" at first. Can I tie into the 3" with a wye from right next to it, or does the tie in of the 2" into the 3" have to be a vertical drop? (As in, put a 3x3x2 wye on it's back and loop the 2" up and over - doing so will require me to run it through a few joists, so I'd like to avoid, if possible.)

Also, any insight into supply lines? can I tap into a half inch copper line that's feeding an upstairs lav for my new lav and shower?? Or is that too much draw on the half inch copper?

I would try to get back to the 3/4" for your supplies, it should be fairly straight forward in a basement.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your building sewer is at the basement ceiling?

I can only cite WI code, which states that the bottom of the branch wye must be above the horizontal centerline of the gravity drain. Your code might say otherwise.

I agree with the above post in regards to the supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks