Basement bathroom where does it drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan87500

Reaction score
I recently purchased a house with a full bathroom in the basement. It is about 10 feet from the sewage pump so I always assumed that it went into that basis and then was pumped out. Today I was bored and let the water run in the bathtub for awhile and I never heard the pump go on.

My main sewer line is about 3-4 feet below the first floor, so essentially at around head level in the basement. Is it possible that the bathroom in the basement goes directly to the sewer lower down or does it have to go to a basin to get pumped out?

Thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Depending on the size of the basin and the capacity of the pump, it might only run for 10 seconds for every 10-15 minutes the water is running.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Missed that. I thought he said the sewer line was below the basement floor, not the first floor. In this case the only place it can drain is to the sewer pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks