Basement Bathroom Venting

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by eddle6389, Feb 20, 2005.

1. eddle6389

eddle6389 New Member

I am in the process of finishing a basement bathroom. There is a 2 " vent stack above the roug ins for the sink, toilet and tub drains. My plan is to tie those drains into the 2 inch stack. My problem is my pit for my sewage ejector is about 20 feet away in another part of the basement. Can I continue this vent piping over to the pit and vent my pump as well?

I would have a tub, toilet, sink and pump all on the same 2 inch line. To my knowledge there is nothing else on this vent line and it vents directly to the outside.

Thanks
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

Should be no problem as long as the pipe is sloped to provide drainage and you use a 2" pipe.