Basement bathroom vent move under cement

Users who are viewing this thread

Scubby

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here but I have read a few of the other threads and the advice looks sound to me. I would like to install a shower in my basement bathroom and would also like to move some drain and vent pipes to locations closer to the main drain. In the picture you will see a tan colored vent pipe for the toilet, a main cast iron drain a clean-out and a smaller drain on the right. I would like to be able to move the tan vent pipe to a position closer to the wall and main cast iron drain. I would like to do the same with the smaller drain on the right. I will also need to add a drain for the shower which will be placed not far from where I was standing while taking the picture. I think the drain move and new drain addition should be pretty straight forward but my main question is can I have the vent pipe go horizontal under the cement to a position near the main drain before it goes up through the cement? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 583

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
can I have the vent pipe go horizontal under the cement to a position near the main drain before it goes up through the cement?

In most places, Yes.
I would say that once you sawcut the slab, a plumber would be able to move many of the pipes over a bit and add the shower.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

From the look of the cleanout fitting, I doubt that you have enough depth under the concrete to do it. That fitting would normally mean that the mainline is right under the concrete.

Scubby

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Thank you both for the info. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks