basement bathroom on slab

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by richd, Nov 13, 2005.

1. richd

richd New Member

I am going to install a 3/4 bath in my basement and the plumbing is already stubbed out. I was wondering if it is recommended that I install the fixtures directly on the concrete or build up a subfloor. Also, do I need to place the shower stall directly over the drain pipe or is there enough room under a shower stall floor to move it to the side some?
  2. jeffreyhel

jeffreyhel New Member

Setting the shower pan directly on the concrete floor is fine. Follow the manufacturers directions for what to set it on or in. NO, there is no room under the pan to offset it unless the verticle pipe in the ground can be offset with fittings. I would suggest some sort of tile,linoleum or vinyl finished floor so it can be cleaned properly.
  3. sulconst2

sulconst2 New Member

set the pan in mud directly on slab. drain and pipe connection has to be dead on. no play there. i usually pour a floor leveler after pan is set. basement floors are never level.
  4. alhurley

alhurley Guest

ya gotta check out da John Bridge forums if you're doin' a shower. :)