Basement Bath Rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich_B

Reaction score
Great Forum!

One reason I bought this home is because previous owners opted for a basement rough-in. However, I'm not sure a tub can be done.
A few questions:
1. Is this current setup for just a toilet and sink?
2. Is a tub possible given the current setup? I'm thinking I would have to put a drop in tub to allow for the p-trap and proper drainage?
3. Any ideas on size and type of ejector pump ( basin appears to be 18" x 30"?
4. Any idea on what gets hooked up to the threaded hole marked A on the basin ( I guess the pump would have instruction covering these openings?)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4472.JPG
    IMG_4472.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_4475.JPG
    IMG_4475.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_4474.JPG
    IMG_4474.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 558

Prashster

Reaction score
The ejector basin should have 3 penetrations besides the inlet which is already connected in yr config: a vent hole, a discharge hole, and a hole for power cords. The teeny hole on top appears to be the pump power cord hole. I would guess the top hole is the discharge and the A-hole (HAHA) is the vent. If they supplied you with a pump, then a peek inside the basin should make it clear.

The question I have is where are the vents for the fixtures? I saw another post last nite by a guy with a similar config.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There are no vents that can be seen in the photos. You will need to find one to make this work. If it was roughed in right there should be one some where.

Prashster

Reaction score
You should search this forum for 'basement' or 'rough in'. I've read about 3 posts in the past week from guys with your situation: basement rough ins that seem to be sans vents. I'm perplexed, bkz all these installations seem to contradict the installation advice of all the plumbers on THIS forum.

WEIRD...

Rich_B

Reaction score
IMG 4475 shows the 2" vent ( capped on the bottom) that goes straight out through the roof.
Thanks

Sulconst2

Reaction score
that vent is for the pump. there should be a vent each for the toilet and the shower coming from the floor which would connect above with the pump vent then thru the roof.

Rich_B

Reaction score
Are you saying that there should be 3 seperate vents: 1 for the bath, 1 for the toilet, 1 for the sink?
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks