Basement backed up.. desperately need advice my wife is going to kill me

Users who are viewing this thread

Construct30

Reaction score
The short answer is call a pro if you have no experience.

Unless you really pick things up quick and like learning new things. It will take a lot to learn from nothing how to do this let alone it can be dangerous if not done properly. Depending on where you live it might require a permit, most places allow homeowners to work on their own house, some don't, which is really unconstitutional according to some people.

I would figure out if the basement drains are plugged before you end up with a foot of water in your basement. It might run slow now, but if it plugs completely you will have trouble.

Cookie

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, maybe, more a thought since I am not a plumber, but, what about getting it jetted instead of using a snake? I would think that line would be cast iron and if like mine full of rust. Just my 2 cents worth. :) Also, if a washer, could be a lint problem too?

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Like Terry said...have it snaked and like I said...if they pull back roots get a camera down there and see whats up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks