basement back to back sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

biged

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my plumbing layout.

Have rough in from when house was built.

But want to move bathroom sink and on other side of the wall put another sink.

So I will have a back to back sink installation.

Main concern #1 is can run the drain line as posted without moving the original rough in drain.

So the drain line from the sinks will run inside the studs to the furnace room, then outside the studs to the drain (all at 1/4 inch/ft slope)

Will likely stud in the exposed pipes later on to protect them.

Main conern #2 is venting.

The one Automatic Vent Device will be for both sinks and the outlet for this will go into the furnace room for access.

Any advantage to connect a 2 inch in place of a 1.5 inch vent line.

And any reason to keep the 2 inch system including the sink drain all the way thru and just reduced at the fixture/trap

The electrical on the wall and all the pex supplies will be moved too, but this is not shown in the pics.

Drain line is 2 inch. It T's in with the shower outlet, which then runs down into the toilet outlet and then to the septic.

So I would like input / questions I should follow up on so that I don't fail inspection or worse have plumbing that doesn't work effectively.

Thanks for your input.

Biged

Attachments

• starting point.JPG
    starting point.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 317
  • backtoback sink.JPG
    backtoback sink.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 364
  • from opposite side of wall.JPG
    from opposite side of wall.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 697
  • from furnace room.JPG
    from furnace room.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 539

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There needs to be a clean out in the line below the sink. All bends need to be long turn, or pairs of 1/8th bends. Your 2x4's are not going to have anything left of them after drilling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks