Basement above floor Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

jimthepyrate

Reaction score
Hi I'm re-doing an above floor basement bathroom that has a sewer pump in the floor to eject waste to main drain. I've reconfigured the layout to include a powder room sink and a utility sink for the washer. The toilet (3") is in the powder room and within five feet of the sewer pump which is vented thru the roof. I'm using an AAV on the powder room sink (1 1/2" drain line). The 2" shower drain will be to the upper left with trap and AAV. The first wye from the pump will be capped. The other two sinks (2") will have AAV's.

My questions are: Does this layout look okay? Should I replace AAV's with vents (I could wrap vents around the room, under the stairs and over to the pump vent).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. (Project is in Westmoreland County Virginia)
BasementBath.jpg

Last edited:

jimthepyrate

Reaction score
Hi I'm re-doing an above floor basement bathroom that has a sewer pump in the floor to eject waste to main drain. I've reconfigured the layout to include a powder room sink and a utility sink for the washer. The toilet (3") is in the powder room and within five feet of the sewer pump which is vented thru the roof. I'm using an AAV on the powder room sink (1 1/2" drain line). The 2" shower drain will be to the upper left with trap and AAV. The first wye from the pump will be capped. The other two sinks (2") will have AAV's.

My questions are: Does this layout look okay? Should I replace AAV's with vents (I could wrap vents around the room, under the stairs and over to the pump vent).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. (Project is in Westmoreland County Virginia)View attachment 37511
Anyone have any suggestions?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
An 1/8th bend back at first joint near the pump would have lined all of the piping up parallel to the joists, and made for a lot cleaner installation.
Why not bust some concrete and put the piping in the ground where it belongs? Building on a platform like that screams "hack job".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks