BaseBoard heating Slant/Fins

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jaysn, Nov 17, 2008.

1. jaysn

jaysn New Member

Bought a House several years ago... and the base board heating, runs around the perimeter of the first level... but about HALF of the piping doesnt have any fins installed.... Obviously, the pipes still heat, but not as effectively... Is there a "Snap-on" "Bolt-on" FIN product i can buy, and install in sections... or does the entire piping need to be replaced for more efficient heating. Thanks
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The length of the finned sections should be calculated to match the heating needs of the room.
    The boiler is also sized for the needs of the house.
    This is not something that you just blindly add to! I would consult a heating pro.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

It's probably dummy base that is just there to conceal the pipes. If the house heats ok leave it alone.