Baseboard Heater Clearance

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by ohtara1211, Jun 1, 2005.

1. ohtara1211

ohtara1211 New Member

I just tried to install a Toto Drake ADA toilet on a twelve inch rough. To my surprise it would not fit because the base will not clear the baseboard heater in back of the toilet like the original did. My contractor said I needed to buy a "high clearance toilet', but my local plumbing store looked at me like I had two heads. I guess I could go to a ten inch rough, but that would push the toilet out 2 more inches.

Does anyone make an ADA toilet where the base does not go as far as the back of the tank?? Thanks, Jeff
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

Probably a lot of companies do, but you would have to check at a showroom since we do not know how high and deep your baseboard is.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A heater behind the toilet?

You might try the Gerber 21-318
    or Toto Dalton CST734F
  4. jdkimes

jdkimes Engineer

Melting wax ring.

I was wondering if a heater or any other heat source that is very close to the toilet and/or flange might have a very good possibility of melting or at least severely softening the wax ring.
    Is that possible? Does that happen?
    Just a thought. Thankfully I don't have any heaters near a toilet (seems like a sanitary problem too- splashing, bad-aim etc)