Ball valves with drains

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jf, Aug 12, 2005.

1. jf

jf New Member

I am replumbing a bathroom and was wondering if the small drains on the valves are bad about leaking or would it be better to use the ones without drains.
    Thanks in advance
  2. plumguy

plumguy New Member

!!!

Personally, I think the drains are waste of money, I have never seen a use for them including silcocks that are maintenance free!!!
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The only use these valves have are when you must drain a line to prevent freezing, and then only if the valve is at the lowest point in the line. Save yourself grief and use regular valves.
  4. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

valves

I've never seen a down side to using stop and waste valves.
    And they can be usefull if you have to dry out a line for sweating and not have to shut the whole building off.