Ball valve installation with mixed metals

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by plethodon, Dec 30, 2012.

1. plethodon

plethodon New Member

I am planning to install ball valves in 1/2" cpvc supply lines in my basement. Locally, available ball valves are brass and available male adapters/connectors with cpvc solvent weld capacity are all stainless steel. is it ok to connect the stainless with the brass? Thanks for any advice.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The reason stainless steel IS stainless, relates to its activity on the nobility scale. Not to worry mixing SS with copper or brass,
  3. plethodon

plethodon New Member

Thanks, Jimbo.