Bacteria or sewer smell

Users who are viewing this thread

bauz

Reaction score
When I drain my whirlpool tub I begin to smell this odor in my bedroom. The smell seems to begin in a corner of the bedroom and on the backside of the wall is the toliet. It does not happen everytime, it did it for 3 days in a row and then it was 5 days beofre it happened again. If I open the windows it is gone. Also by that corner is the drain clean out under the window. That side of the house outside stays wet from rain. This smell has been with us over a year and we have had 3 different plumbers out and they can't find anything. Does anyone have any good idea's? I have done the peppermint test and nothing from it. Many thanks!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
smell

I agree with the last guy....

Sounds like you got a studor vent under that wp tub that is letting gas out into the corner of the room...

do youi have an acesss panel on the tub...??
did they actually look inside the underneath of the tub or is it all tiled in with no access???

Its either that or maybe your toilet needs to be re-set.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks