Backwater Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Turbocruiser

Reaction score
I did some searching about "Back Water Valves" (I think they are also known as "Sewer Back Flow Valves") and came across this thread. After hearing some horror stories from folks about their sewer systems backflowing into their homes either when there were local floods or when there was some sort of blockage in the sewer system, I became intently interested in installing one of these into the main drain line just before it buries out of the house.

On the surface it seems that every house should have one of these but as I read more and more it seems that I definitely don't understand all the things that are involved here and would like to get guidance on whether I should install something like this or not. If it is good idea to get this valve, any recommendations on the best type for a 4" system. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks