Backup Sump Pump recomendation

Users who are viewing this thread

alzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
My Basement Watchdog failed yesterday, and I have water all over my finished basement. It stated the battery was bad. The same thing happened last year, but the power came on before the water went too far.

So, I am ready to ditch the watchdog and get something else. Can someone recommend another product? Something with a submersible pump? I have a ten foot lift to the exit point.

Thanks,
Al

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You are using a deep discharge marine battery and not just an ordinary car battery with your backup suimp pump aren't you?

I use one of these babies.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You are using a deep discharge marine battery and not just an ordinary car battery with your backup suimp pump aren't you?

I use one of these babies.

Kinda cute but do ya think it's got anything extra in the "Strong Like A Bull" department...
While that may work in the cranking up of the Mini-Cooper I'd suggest 2 of these in series for some Mega Capacity....

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/T-145Plus6V.aspx

Couple that up with a Zoeller Aquanot II back up pump and you should be in great shape...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks