Back to Back Tub and Toilet DWV Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to figure out the best way to run the DWV for a tub and toilet (back to back). I have narrowed it down to using a San Tee 3" x 3" with a 2" 90 Side Outlet fitting (I never knew such a fitting existed) OR doing a traditional wet vent and bring the toilet in lowest and the tub in above. I am wondering what the pitfalls are of using the San Tee with a side outlet are... Are they tougher to snake should I need to? Could the tub's P-trap get siphoned even though the 2" side outlet is at 90 degrees (instead of 180, or across)?

I am leaning towards the traditional wet vent but it will mean that I have to run an additional vent loop for the toilet.

The joist bay spacing is around 24".

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
back_to_back_kohler.jpg

Toilets can't use a back to back double santee. When a toilet is flushed, the water goes through and up the other arm displacing water in the other bowl.
Wet venting a tub over a toilet works well though.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks