Back-to-Back toilets SOG

Users who are viewing this thread

Jbrooks242

Reaction score
Los Angeles, CA

I'm getting some conflicting advice. I'm removing these old school carrier mount toilets and switching to a Kohler one piece. I want to keep the back-to-back set-up. In the picture you'll see where the shower drain was. That shower will be framed out and finished again with the drain location staying the same.

My question is. Can I use a "double long turn tee-wye" (black in the photo) OR
a DWV double wye and 45 degree elbow combo (white in the photo)

One plumber is telling me the toilets would need to be offset from each other by 30" and the other says you can use the double long turn wye and that will work. I'm guessing that the end running beyond the wye would just get capped off, or could the vent pipe be run up and off of that?

double 45.jpg

double long turn.jpg

toilets.jpeg

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbrooks242

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response Terry, greatly appreciated.

The one plumber was saying that couldn't be used in the under slab/horizontal configuration.

Thanks again!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wouldn't use it in a horizontal position either . I don't know what direction you're going with that, but I use wyes in the location. There is no reason you can't find a way using wyes. You don't need a double wye there.
I like to "grade" my fittings, and I can't install with grade using the double wye fitting. HJ installs them that way,, but I don't.

Jbrooks242

Reaction score
So I would be better off with a wye, then continue straight and wye off again?
I have no issue with cutting out more of the slab if that is the better way of doing it. I've score cut the slab and was waiting to figure out what the best way was before breaking it out. I'll be doing the cutting to save some of the labor costs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks