back flow issue

Users who are viewing this thread

rssahlman

Reaction score
I am fixing a system that had a valve failure and come across an issue that I need help with. The system has a master valve in the basement then a AVB outside on the down-flow side then the zone valves down-flow from there. I thought I would replace the AVB with a PVB. From reading I figure the PVB must be first before the master valve (so I will relocate that into box with zone valves) but the real issue I'm having is that the terrain will not allow the PVB to be above some of the sprinklers (house on a hill). What is my alternatives for back-flow prevention? I've been reading that dual check valves are not effective?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
A DBL check or RPZ can be installed below the heads.

rssahlman

Reaction score
does anyone have a recommendation of a double check valve....wilkins vs. febco? If I do this I will install inside basement...I have 3/4 water supply inside and 1" manifold so what size should I use 3/4" or 1" DCA?

Can I install DCA vertical?

rssahlman

Reaction score
When blowing out the system for winter time can I blow air from the upstream side of the double check valve assembly (which is located in the basement). The original blow out is before the DCA, do I need to install another after the DCA?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks