AVG virus protect is crashing my computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Beary

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been using AVG virus protection for a few years now on my Millinium Dell computer. Lastnight we updated to AVG's 7.5 and now I can't bring my computer up unless I turn off the AVG Fire Wall device (AVGFWFD.VXD) in step by step configuration boot up mode. I have sent AVG email, but no response yet. Any idea what I can do?

Thanks ahead for any help.

Beary

Beary

Reaction score
RUGGED said:
If you have windows system, disable windows firewall.

The two are dueling and the software is freezing the system up. When I updated Norton I had this problem because Norton had firewall protection that was being detected by Windows.

By no means am I right or wrong.....just my experience.

Well I found the Milllinium doesn't have Firewall Protection, but AOL IM does. Is there a way to turn it off the AOL IM without taking it out?

Beary

First-Timer

Reaction score
your going to have to uninstall your IM program first but you can get it it back so dont worry.. i have AVG and its great after you uninstall the program you can reinstall it and allow it through AVG and everything should work fine

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks