Automatic water shutoff valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
Any ideas where to look for a switch as was talked about? I'd love to be able to shut off my water with the flick of a switch when leaving for a weekend, etc. And my main shutoff is a real PITA to get to under the house. But a remotely switched valve would work well, as I have no constant need for water for humidifiers or anything.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My humidifiers drain into the pit. During the winter, they fill the tank 5-10 times a day. No joke. (what a waste!!!)

I switched to a Desert Spring humidifier for just that reason - couldn't get used the way other furnace-mounted humidifiers waste so much water.

gary1959

Reaction score
shut off valves

My son invented a full house flood control valve that measures continual flow rate of flow and rate of change of flow. Installed at main water entrance it requires NO SENSORS and is operated by a small computor that has a 3 year battery. If it reads a sudden rise it shuts off your water. I it reads a pro longed rise it shuts off your water. No muss no fuss.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
My son invented a full house flood control valve that measures continual flow rate of flow and rate of change of flow. Installed at main water entrance it requires NO SENSORS and is operated by a small computor that has a 3 year battery. If it reads a sudden rise it shuts off your water. I it reads a pro longed rise it shuts off your water. No muss no fuss.
Can it be connected to a computer to create a usage record? Is the flow & rate-of-flow information programmable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks