Automatic shower cleaner review

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Having seen good things posted here about toilet bowl cleaner with Teflon, I wanted to share my recent experience with "Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner." You may have seen this advertised on TV. It's a battery-powered contraption with a motorized sprayer that you hang from your showerhead. When you're done with the last shower of the morning, you press a button, and the device beeps for 15 seconds to give you time to close the shower door or curtain. It then sprays the walls of the shower with a special cleaner - the motorized head hits all 4 walls and the floor.

The instructions say that you can start out with either a clean or dirty shower but recommends cleaning it first, which I did. Despite that, after about 2 weeks the grout lines in the shower, and the fiberglass shower pan, were noticeably cleaner and brighter. I haven't cleaned the shower manually for a couple months now, and it looks better than it has in years.

The thing needs a refill every 3 weeks or so, which costs about $4.50 at Wal-Mart. The original price for the unit was $20.

So far, I'm very pleased with this. Seemed a little "gimmicky" when I bought it, and I was a little skeptical, but now am glad I tried it.

jlohrenz

Reaction score
I'm tempted to get one for our main bath. I'd love it if they came out with a solution that was safe with natural stone and then I'd get one for our Master Bath as well.

In case anyone is wondering, these are safe on ceramic style tiles or your standard shower/tub liner. It is not safe for any type of natural stone tile as the chemicals are too harsh.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks