Automatic or Non-Automatic Zoeller 267???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ryanwj, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ryanwj

ryanwj New Member

I've decided based on all the discussion in these forums that I will be installing a Zoeller 267 for my basement bathroom ejector pump application. I am a little unclear on the pros and cons of chosing the automatic with attached float version vs. the non automatic version of the pump. Are there longer term maintenance/repair considerations?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pump

If the float is part of the pump body itself, then the pump will be useless if the float fails. I assume when you say non-automatic, you plan to use a "piggyback" float switch that the pump cord plugs into. These switches are more reliable and when they do fail you just fasten a new one to the discharge pipe and plug it in.
  3. sumppumppimp

sumppumppimp New Member

If the switch goes out on the automatic pump, you can replace the switch inside the top cap. You will not be able to use the pump though until you do replace the switch.

The nonautomatic model is going to require some other type of switch (usually a piggy back switch) to turn the pump on and off, if that switch goes bad, you can still operate the pump by unplugging the pump when you do not need it until you get another piggy back switch.

I would probably recommend the nonautomatic model because with the "pb" switch you can adjust the switch for a longer pumping range and with the automatic model you cannot, it is preset.

Hope this helps.:D
  4. ryanwj

ryanwj New Member

Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on where to purchase?
  5. get the piggy back switch

nothing is more fun than a pit full of sewage
    with no way to pump it out cause the switch is intergrated into the pump......

I HATE that when that happens...

I never repair one of those pumps,
    you cant guarantee that the new seal on the top half
    of the pump will still be water tight.
    and keep water out...

they get a new one installed for about $850