Australian seeking your assistances

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
And you should let the valve add the refill water to the salt tank instead of you doing it. That would save a lot of salt. Also, I can not remember fer sure but something makes me think the valve is Pre ReFill, then a 2 hr pause, then backwash etc..

The pause provides time for the water to dissolve the salt for THIS regeneration. Post ReFill would add the water at the end of the regeneration for the NEXT regeneration.
Because of the photo attached to the first post in this thread, I think this softener fills at the end of the cycle.
index.php

Viewer

Reaction score
Yes Reach4...at the end of the suction, it then adds water (refill) into the brine tank, and I let it cover the salt by about 2 inches of water, then put it manually into the conditioned water position for normal house usage.

Viewer

Reaction score
Today is a great day for us....after all this time our rain has arrived. For the 1st time in months our 5,000 gallon rain tank is full and overflowing, and I can, after rain ceases, turn from bore to rainwater, bypassing the valve. It may not seem a big deal to some, but to us, this rain is the best thing for ages.

In regard to the autotrol valve, I have simply been giving it a weekly manual clean viaa my already explained methods, and it continues to supply clean water.

Thanks all...I really do appreciate those efforts from all those kind people here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks