ASTM D3309 - whywas it withdrawn?

Discussion in 'Canadian Plumbing Code Questions' started by Orcacalling, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Orcacalling

Orcacalling New Member

Hello

ASTM D3309 - why was it withdrawn?

I am trying to seek answers to find out what is happening with my water. There is a strong petroleum smell and I feel sick when I touch the hot water. I also get a metalic taste in my moth when I touch the hot water.

Thank you

Robin
  2. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

Ummmm phone your local health authority and have someone test the water.....
  3. Orcacalling

Orcacalling New Member

Doherty Plumbing - re: suggestion

Thank you for responding. Landlord tested hot water line and we await results.

Robin
    --

4. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

You REALLY should test both hot and cold....
  5. Thatguy

Thatguy Homeowner

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

What do you mean by "touch the hot water"? Are you tasting it with your tongue, or what?
  7. Orcacalling

Orcacalling New Member

8. Orcacalling

Orcacalling New Member

I am only responding to your smart response because maybe you need to know some people can absorb things just by touching not tasting. I had my hand under the hot water. The metalic taste enters mouth when I have contact with water.

9. Orcacalling

Orcacalling New Member

Hi! That is what I feel, I will not give up and get the cold done as well even if it is up to me to test it. Big difference in my health since I have not drank or used water unless boilded. Mind clarity and I feel healthier. Thanks Robin

10. Thatguy

Thatguy Homeowner

So the chemicals in the water go through your skin, enter your bloodstream through your capillaries and then this gives you a taste. Is there a medical term for this much sensitivity?

I've heard of at least one person sensing light with their fingertips but your account is more plausible.