ASTM D3309 was was it withdrawn?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Orcacalling, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Orcacalling

Orcacalling New Member

Hello

ASTM D3309 why was it withdrawn?

I am trying to seek answers to find out what is happening with my water. There is a strong petroleum smell and I feel sick when I touch the hot water. I also get a metalic taste in my moth when I touch the hot water.

Thank you

Robin
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Probably because PB is no longer used for potable water in homes. You would have to ask ASTM.

I never heard that anything related to petroleum odors was ever an issue with PB pipe. Have you had your water tested or asked your water supplier for an explanation??
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The pipe eventually proved to be defective, but only because it would fail and cause leaks, not because of any breakdown in the chemical makeup of the tubing.