ASSE 1016/1017 issue with bath hot water

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dhoerl, Nov 30, 2006.

1. dhoerl

dhoerl New Member

My NJ plumbing inspector just told me I need to have a ASSE 1016 mixing valve on my new whirlpool tub hot water line. I just spend a lot of time and effort to get 3/4" high flow lines into the bathroom so I could fill the tub quickly, and those mixing valve severely limit the flow.

It looks like I can do better if I get a AEE 1017 supply side mixing valve as these units have higher flow ratings.

However, I cannot find any line to the UPC code that requires 120 degree or less for bath tub lines.

Does a ASSE 1017 certified mixing valve at the water heater meet this requirement?

David
  2. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Sometimes inspectors just tell you what they feel like telling you. In this case he may be asking you to put in a mixing valve based on requirements for showers, but that is usually take care of by the shower control.

You have a right to ask the inspector to cite the code section upon which the order is based.