"Artsy" Crane Toilet seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

NeilG

Reaction score
In one of our bathrooms we have Crane fixtures that seem to be from the '50s or '60s. They are very unusual, and seem to be of good quality, so my preference is to keep them running as long as possible. No problem with rebuilding the innards, faucet valves, etc.

Well, the toilet seat needs to be replaced, and I haven't seen anything like it anywhere. The seat is longer than most, at about 19" - 20", and it is lower in the middle than on either end, matching the bowl's curvature.

I would very much appreciate a pointer to any resources that could even help to identify what it is that I have, even if they have no stock of such seats.

Thanks!

Neil

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
seat

It is a Crane Criterion "saddle seat". They were quite expensive in the 50's so you can imagine what they will be today, if you can even find one.

NeilG

Reaction score
hj said:
It is a Crane Criterion "saddle seat". They were quite expensive in the 50's so you can imagine what they will be today, if you can even find one.

Ah... Thanks for this information!

I've shoped deabath as well as every site that Google has turned up. The closest reference that I found is a picture of an ad for a similar ensemble that included the Criterion bathtub (it looks like ours, also in "pale jade").

Perhaps the "new" Crane company has an idea about where I might find a seat?

Neil

Rikki

Reaction score
Website
www.akropolys.com
Found one on e Bay

...but it's the whole toilet as well. So far no bids... if it doesn't sell, maybe you could talk them into selling you just the seat. The item number is: 5971550811 - apparently you can't say the name of that online auction house here...LOL

Oh and if it's bad to post this here, then I don't mind deleting my post...just trying to help.

Rikki

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks