Artesian Well

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by deenygirl5, Aug 14, 2009.

1. deenygirl5

deenygirl5 New Member

Hi there,
    I am new here and have been scrambling trying to find answers on what to do.
    A couple of days ago we had a well drilled and to make a long story short....its overflowing over 100 gals a minute and have to slow it down to 10 gal per minute. The well people have even put in washed rock to slow it down and can't put anymore. Its still coming out with the cap on.

Any suggestions on how to get it stop. We just bought a 2 acre lot....second acre is in the back and a ways back there is a brook about 200 ft away so its been going back there which is a good thing. Help? Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,
    Deeny
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

No one is going to stop it, and IMO, slow it down. The only solution is to pipe it to where it isn't a problem.
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

This is a residential water well, not an oil or gas well.

We don't know anything about the well; depth of the casing, rock bore or fully cased and screened or diameter etc..

And what happens if shutting it off causes it to blow out around the casing and/or the casing and grout, what a disaster that would be in her backyard. And I doubt that many drillers would want that liability.

And more states don't required shutting it off than do. And if it could be shut off, what makes you think the driller hasn't thought of that before dumping rocks down the well to "slow" the flow down?

Also, I don't see how an artesian water well is the responsibility of the driller.
  4. deenygirl5

deenygirl5 New Member

Hi there,

Actually I am in the Province of New Brunswick, Canada.

Thanks
  5. deenygirl5

deenygirl5 New Member

The Drillers we used were exceptional people....not putting blame on anyone. It's no ones fault...just one of those things that happened. Definitely not placing complaints or blame here at all....just looking at some feedback as to what we can do is all.
    Thanks
  6. deenygirl5

deenygirl5 New Member

Thank you all for your responses.