Artesian Well

Users who are viewing this thread

deenygirl5

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am new here and have been scrambling trying to find answers on what to do.
A couple of days ago we had a well drilled and to make a long story short....its overflowing over 100 gals a minute and have to slow it down to 10 gal per minute. The well people have even put in washed rock to slow it down and can't put anymore. Its still coming out with the cap on.

Any suggestions on how to get it stop. We just bought a 2 acre lot....second acre is in the back and a ways back there is a brook about 200 ft away so its been going back there which is a good thing. Help? Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Deeny

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
This is a residential water well, not an oil or gas well.

We don't know anything about the well; depth of the casing, rock bore or fully cased and screened or diameter etc..

And what happens if shutting it off causes it to blow out around the casing and/or the casing and grout, what a disaster that would be in her backyard. And I doubt that many drillers would want that liability.

And more states don't required shutting it off than do. And if it could be shut off, what makes you think the driller hasn't thought of that before dumping rocks down the well to "slow" the flow down?

Also, I don't see how an artesian water well is the responsibility of the driller.

deenygirl5

Reaction score
The Drillers we used were exceptional people....not putting blame on anyone. It's no ones fault...just one of those things that happened. Definitely not placing complaints or blame here at all....just looking at some feedback as to what we can do is all.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks