Are Floodsafe toilet connectors worth using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve603

Reaction score
Oops....I should have looked closer... to this link here, question answered, thank you!

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?26673-Watts-Floodsafe-Not-Very!-part-1

Simple question: Are Floodsafe toilet connectors worth using?

The shut off if water flow exceeds 2.5 gpm, but I'm suspecting that even if someone shattered the tank, the toilet would continue to try to fill and therefore flood, but the fill valve would keep flow at below 2.5 gpm. It seems that only a true rupture of the connector's tubing, or a fracture where the base of the fill valve breaks off are the only conditions that this would activate and that would take an earthquake--I can't envision this occurring in New England.

Opinons? Useful for 2nd floor apartment units or a waste of money and simply buy a good quality true stainless steel wound connector?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks