Are deep bathtubs made anymore?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by smhowell, Apr 5, 2005.

1. smhowell

smhowell New Member

I plan to remodel both bathrooms in the next year. One bathroom, probably built in the sixties, has a nice deep steel or cast iron bathtub (not sure) that I like, but I could buy a new bathtub for what it would cost to have it refinished. What I like about it is that it is very deep with fairly deep sides, even in back. Does anyone manufacture bathtubs like this anymore? or have they legislated bathtubs with fewer gallons like they did toilets?

Thanks in advance,
    Sharon
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. kohler

just go to the Kohler web site and you will probably find what you are looking fo rin a deep bath tub
  3. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

Nearly all (maybe even all) bathtub manufacturers make deep soaking tubs. You shouldnt have a problem finding one.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

How much space do you have and what is your definition of "deep"? The older "deep" tubs were 16" high. Those that are 18" or more are usually rather large and for specific installations, usually in a deck, unless it is modified for use in an alcove.
  5. timjones

timjones New Member

deep bath tubs

Check out www.bathtubsfactorydirect.com They have a number of deep soak bath tubs as well as clawfoot and and modern claw foot bath tubs
  6. duct tape pro

duct tape pro New Member

7. chris fox

chris fox New Member

Have any of you purchased tubs from bathtubsfactorydirect.com that Tim posted? These seem really inexpensive! with shipping included.
    Chris
  8. this thread is confusing me.

First, the footprint of the tub is normal information, which the thread starter didn't give...

Second: knowing the length and width of the tub space, it is EASY as pie to then find several "soaker tub" options. Search on soaker and you will find.

Third: the web site referred to above is not a great deal, and does not offer great deals.

David
  9. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

In the sixties there were few deep soaker tubs. At that time 14" high tubs were almost the standard, but 16" tubs were used in the better installations. That is probably what he is referring to.