Are all Tub Overflow Valves the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Are all Tub Overflow Valves the same.....or are some just WAY better than others.
Pro's, chime in.

I like this Kohler one I am seeing...however, eons ago, the local shop I bought from strongly steered me towards a Gerber unit.

Once the tub is laid, and the floor/walls are tiles, it's in there forever.....
Let me hear it. Fashion vs. function... ?

ckl111

Home Builder
Reaction score
They both make several waste and overflow kits so I think you will need to be a little more specific.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Essentially, they are all similar as long as they are using the same mechanics. They are push/pull, lift and turn, trip lever pop up, trip lever plunger, or cable operated. Each has it advantages and disadvantages, but in the long term, the direct operating ones, i.e., push/pull or lift and turn, give the best service. In most cases, when you buy the more expensive ones, you are buying the name, not the quality.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Kohler Clearflo series. I've yet to see this in person so they state no *internal* linkage.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why people feel the need to spend good money on those contraptions, I'll never know. There is absolutely nothing made
that can beat a rubber plug on a chain for reliability, longevity, simplicity, and economy.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Why people feel the need to spend good money on those contraptions, I'll never know. There is absolutely nothing made
that can beat a rubber plug on a chain for reliability, longevity, simplicity, and economy.

Some men need beautiful babes, some don't care, as long as the girl is a nice person, some guys like fat ugly chicks. Whatever floats your boat.

When it comes to home goods, I like function and fashion both.

My new clawfoot tub, by the way, has a rubber stopper on the end of a chain. The rubber will probably dry out and crack long before a regular drain will fail, as it is Chinese made rubber

Chefwong

Reaction score
See the 2 sheets attached.
These look like POTENTIAL nightmares if things go bad from a service standpoint.

A regular *bucket* trip lever or pop up would be good prudence to look for right.
No internal/eternal linkage that allows no service access just short of gutting the wall right ?
Overflow1
Overflow2

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks