Are all toilet bolt locations the same

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Driver, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Driver

Driver New Member

Fellow plumber/showroom sale person:
    Do all toilet drain, horn are exatly the same with the johnny bolts locations all universal?
    I beleive it approx 7" apart from each other? Correct?
    I'm looking for a spacers extender to apply on a 7"ring and hopefully the othr holes on that ring are in the same spot.
    Do anyone know of a spacer extender that have the long slots on it and not just those other holes. I need one that will work with the one I hae.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flange

The toilet bolt placement is the same, but the added holes to fasten it down will be wherever the manufacturer wants to put them, and therefore they will probably not be lined up with the anchor holes on what you have now.